Did you know that when you book flights on the right day and time, you can save a lot? All smart travelers know that when planning a trip, one of the first things to do is to book the airline ticket early on. Knowing whether or not you’re getting the best deal when booking flight tickets is very important to estimate travel costs. Irrespective of whether you are planning to travel domestically or internationally, you got to know the secrets of booking flights online so it will save you considerably. These industry secret tips and tricks will help you figure out the right time and day to book flights online to save money.
Insider Secrets To Book Flights
- The first thing you need to understand is that, 21 days before the date of the flight is the best day to buy or book flights. This is so because after 21 days the flight ticket prices might increase. Therefore, you might not be able to find the same fare you had seen online earlier. Prices of flight tickets can be found highest 14 days before the date of the flight.
- The best day to book flights is either Tuesday or Wednesday. This is so because during weekends, people travel the most due to free time from work. Therefore, flight ticket bookings on the weekend are higher than any other day. So take advantage of this and book flights on either Tuesday or Wednesday, and never on the weekend.
- According to some travel sites, the best day to booking flights online vary. For example, the best air travel day according to the Travelocity is Wednesday. So, keep bookmarks of the most popular air booking sites and individual airline sites.
- If you are traveling to a holiday destination, then travel during the off-season and you will get even more discount when you’re booking flights.
- Sometimes booking a flight ticket just before few hours of departure of the flight can also get you dirt cheap air fare. However, there is always the possibility that the air fare might remain the same.
- Avoid booking flights on the general payday and 2-3 days near the payday. Because flight bookings are frequently done during these days. Therefore book flights a week later of paydays.
There you go. Now you know the best days and times to book flights. Make sure you remember these insider secrets when you book flight tickets online, and enjoy discounted prices!