California – The Golden State and the production city of superior award winning wines! Don’t forget the Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger who proclaimed the month of September as “The California Wine Month”. The month of September will be dedicated to celebrating the history of wine making and its contribution to the wine industry.
For those who like to sip a glass of wine under the hot sun, September is the month to head down to the landy of sun. The month of Septmeber has been created and coordinated by the Wine Institute and the California Association of Winegrape Growers. There are other supporters such as The California Travel and Tourism Commission, California Restaurant Association, SafewayVon’s and Pavilions, Kimpton Hotels, Lark Creek Restaurant Group, Joie de Vivre Hotels, Ritz Carlton/J.W. Marriott (LA), California Wine Merchants (NYC), Patina Restaurant Group and Revival Cafe & Bar.
California Travel and Tourism Commission has put together more than 80 accommodation packages where you can get away and enjoy the wine season. Here are a few recommendations:
Kenwood Inn and Spa
Kenwood Inn and Spa offers a “VIP Food and Wine Tour in the Valley of the Moon”. Prices starting at $1040, this amazing package includes:
- Two nights stay
- A bottle of HKG Pinot Noir 2008 Russian River Valley Estate wine, country chocolates and wine opener
- Food and wine pairing at Mayo Family Winery’s Reserve Room
- Wine tasting at Chateau St. Jean
- Flight of five wines in the Deerfield Ranch Winery in the wine cave
La Casa Del Camino
La Casa Del Camino has a “Sip, Sand and Save Package.” Price starts at $269 per night, this package includes:
- A suite from the renowned Casa Surf Project
- Wine-themed dinner for two featuring wines paired with entrees at the hotel’s K’ya Bistro
River Terrace Inn
River Terrace Inn has a “Grgich’s Bottle Shock Package.” Price starts at $195 per night, the package includes:
- A Village or River guest room
- Full breakfast buffet
- A bottle of Grgich Hills Estate Chardonnay
- Complimentary wine tasting at Grgich Hills Estate and a DVD of “Bottle Shock”
For more information on special accommodation deals for California Wine Month, check out their website. These are only a few of the great travel deals California has to offer during the “California Wine Month”. So pack your bags and head out to California this September to enjoy a glass of wine!