As a proud Canadian allow me to tell you 10 great things about Canada. I am no expert in the historical matters however, but there are some interesting facts you might be interested in knowing. I mean, I must admit, some people already know much about Canada. For instance, former president George W. Bush of the USA was a victim of a foreign affairs prank when he didn’t know the Canadian Prime Minister’s name! Most people know some simple things about Canada such as it’s cold, Toronto, Maple Syrup and Canadians love for Hockey. But here are few things you probably didn’t know about Canada.
10 Things About Canada
- Canada is NOT a US state. In fact, Canada is the second largest country in the world, next to Russia
- Bryan Adams, Celine Dion, Shania Twain, Pamela Anderson, Donovan Bailey, Russell Peters, Barenaked Ladies, Michael Bublé, Jim Carrey and Wayne Gretzky are few of the talented Canadians
- Canadians love guns but we are too polite to use them. If we use them at all, it is only for hunting (not humans by the way)
- In every bag of chips sold in Canada you can find a French/English dictionary. Reason? So you can munch and learn
- Canadians such as Frank Gehry, Kim Cattrall and Tommy Chong have made great contributions to American culture
- Canada’s national animal is the majestic beaver, not a goose, duck, cow, penguin or any other animals that you can think of
- No matter what the temperature is, be it -30 and wind chill, our excellent customer service will greet you with a smile :)
- Our politeness and multilingualism cannot be compared to any other country
- Canada does NOT have the highest national debt (Our neighbor does though)
- And did I mention hockey is Canada, Canada is hockey?
Oh by the way, we do use the word ‘eh‘ and love it too. And if you become a political leader anytime soon, and if a foreign affairs prank is played, remember the current president of Canada is Stephen Harper. For the rest of the inquisitive people who are out there, visit Canada anytime. We welcome you with a BIG smile!