Flying is exciting for sure but how many of you are excited about your carry on baggage? Though it may sound simple, packing bags is an art. If you don’t get it right, things might not go as smooth as you want it to go. Some of us already know what to pack and what to avoid. Then there is the risk of luggage lost, misplacement, stolen or damaged. Good news is, many of these common risks can be reduced, avoided or eliminated with a little bit of planning. Here are few hints to help you pack your carry on baggage and enjoy a smooth travel experience.
Carry On Baggage Tips
There are three S‘s to keep in mind about carry on bags – think smart, think small and think safe.
- Check with your airline before you pack to determine the carry on bag guidelines
- Put less in your carry on and more in your check in luggage
- Keep valuable items such as jewelry, laptops, documents in your carry on baggage
- Some airlines check all your bags so be prepared for this
- Obviously, you should never pack items such as illegal drugs or weapons
- The standard size carry on baggage for most airlines is 45 linear inches (the total of the height, width and depth of the bag). Anything larger than this should be checked in
- Pack only small items such as medicines, personal hygiene items, prescriptions, money, camera and jewelry
- Oversize carry on baggage will NOT be stowed on board
- In case your carry on baggage falls from overhead bins, it can injure someone. So avoid packing bulky items that might reduce injuries, if ever happens
- Stow away heavy carry on bags under the seat in front of you, not overhead
- If an evacuation is needed during an emergency, leave your carry on bag and only take what you require
- Don’t over stack carry on bags on top of another to avoid the risk of it falling on to a passenger
By keeping these three S’s in mind, you will be stress-free and hassle-free on your next trip. If you’re looking for carry on baggage, Amazon got some great deals on carry on baggage.