Ziploc bags are our best friend when it’s time to pack our lunches. No leaks and no spills – guaranteed. I don’t use Ziploc bags at home all that much but I find them very handy when traveling. I always slide a couple in different sizes into my suitcase or carry-on when I travel. One good thing about these bags is, they can be washed and reused over and over. Therefore a couple of Ziploc bags will go a long way when traveling. Here are some of the ways you can use these as you conquer the world.
Benefits of Ziploc Bags For Travelers
Ziploc Bags For Packing
- Pack your cosmetics in a Ziploc bag. In case something opens up in the flight, you can be assured that there won’t be any leaks. Also, it will be easier to find what you need in a clear bag
- Need to do laundry on the road? Store some powdered laundry detergent in a Ziploc bag and end your search for travel size detergent packs
- Wet swimsuits. Need I say more? Ziploc bag is the solution
- Using a Ziploc Bag as a waterproof case for your electronic devices
When You Are Out And About
- Store important documents and your passport in a Ziploc to protect them from spills and from getting crumbled
- Keep large Ziploc bags with you for wet umbrellas, rain jackets or other items
- Going on a cruise ship or a windy car ride? You might need that Ziploc as ‘throwing up bag’
- Waterproof your camera, if you are riding on a boat
For The Little Ones
- Separate toys into Ziploc so that you can find what your child needs – Lego in one, Polly Pockets in another and action figurines in another
- Keep one or two in your purse for those toddler snack bags
- Give your child a Ziploc with their name on it to store the “treasures” they find when you’re out. All those small rocks, twigs and seashells will fit in their Ziploc and not the back seat of your car
- Fill a Ziploc with crayons, markers and stickers to keep kids occupied on the go
As you can see these simple bags go a long way when you travel. Might not be the most fashionable bags but hey, it does the job better than anything else out there. If you got other uses for these Ziploc bags, don’t forget to share them on comments section below.
I agree 100% with you. In my case, I bring ordinary plastic bags (ziploc bags are expensive!), recycled from the groceries :) They’re very useful and protects your clothes from getting wet!
Aleah | SolitaryWanderer.com recently posted..Confessions of a Sometime Solo Traveler